uktier logo

Useful Links

Tier 2 - Minister of Religion - Skilled Worker

This tier category is for an applicant coming to fill a job position as a religious worker with a religious organisation, either as a Minister of Religion, missionary or a member of a religious order.  In order to claim points you must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship issued by your sponsor.  The category includes anyone who acts as a minister, whether regularly or on a one-off occasion, and/or performs pastoral duties.  Other religious workers may be joining a monastic community of monks or nuns or a similar religious community involving a permanent commitment.  For examples of the duties we expect those coming in under this category to perform, please see Points Based System: guidance for employers and sponsors for guidance for sponsor application Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5.

Who Should Apply:

You should apply if you are over 16 years old and are not a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and want to enter or stay in the United Kingdom to work in tier 2 of the points-based system.

You should apply if you are:
English language

The ability to meet the required English standard is a compulsory for this visa.  If you cannot do so, your application will be refused regardless of any points you may have scored in the Attributes section.  10 points are awarded in this section if you meet the required standard and 0 if you do not.

 Click here for more information

Share Your Visa Experience
Fields marked with a are required
* Name: 
* Email Address: 
* Topic Subject: 
* Topic Detail: 
* Enter Code:  code